The British Gestalt Journal is an international peer-reviewed journal which publishes articles, interviews, reviews and information on all aspects of Gestalt theory and related applications.
Members of the Gestalt Community, both in Britain and overseas, are warmly encouraged to submit material for publication. The Journal welcomes:
- Good-quality writing reflecting the diversity within the evolving Gestalt communities
- Articles ranging from the rigorously theoretical to the profoundly personal that are contactful and informative
- Contributions arising out of reflective practice that inform and develop Gestalt theory
- Experimental forms of writing that reflect the dialogic and process orientation of Gestalt practice.
Submissions must be made in English and have been neither published elsewhere, nor are being considered for publication elsewhere. Consultative assistance is normally available from one of the editorial team in the pre-submission stage of writing, particularly for those with little experience of writing for journals of this type.
Procedures for submitting manuscripts are as follows:
- Articles are accepted electronically using the submission form below, as well as emailing your article as an attachment to the editor's email address.
- You may experience delays following submission, please be patient.
- The Editor and editorial team select appropriate peer reviewers, largely those already published in the British Gestalt Journal or elsewhere.
- Anonymised articles are sent to two peer reviewers who undertake the task anonymously.
- The feedback is sent back to the author so that revisions may be considered.
- Once the revised paper is received, the Editorial team will decide if the article is publishable.
- Upon acceptance there are further small tasks to complete. It saves time if you have already included an Abstract, keywords, bio and address for correspondence.
- The Editor cannot guarantee that a manuscript accepted for publication will be published in any particular issue of the Journal.
Journals are published in May and November each year. The average time needed for processing articles is 6 months, allowing for peer reviewing and revisions.
Step 1. Fill in the form below.
Step 2. Send the article as an email attachment to the editor - see below.
Journal Article Submission
So you've filled in the form above? Please send the article as a Microsoft Word file (not PDF) to